- 304 5th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50265
Fall in Love with a Carefree Wedding Cake
Carefree Patisserie can create a once-in-a-lifetime confection that’s the perfect complement to your unforgettable moment. Treat your guests to a lasting memory, whether it’s a classic tiered cake inspired and created just for you or a delicious twist with dozens of gourmet cupcakes. We will work with you to ensure your dessert reflects your personal expression and style. Call us today to set up a consultation. Consultations are by appointment only during regular business hours and on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Please understand Saturdays are unavailable as we are already busy delivering wedding cakes.
Choosing Between Cupcakes or Cake
There are many advantages to sharing cupcakes for your wedding dessert, including:
- A large variety of flavors.
- No cake cutting hassles.
- A small cake for the top tier can be cut or saved for your anniversary.
- Decorating options are endless.
- Leftovers are easy to transport or give away.
- They are just plain fun!
101 flavors is a lot to choose from, but we are happy to help you through it all during your consultation. If a traditional cake is more your style, you’re in good hands with Carefree Patisserie. Our cakes are baked fresh per your order just before decorating takes place. We pride ourselves in making a moist, delicious cake with buttercream made from scratch with real butter. All of our recipes are also free of trans fat. Your wedding dessert will taste as good as it looks. Carefree cakes are created with two layers held together with the filling of your choice. For brides and grooms who prefer fondant, we have a variety of flavored fondants available as well. While most of our cupcake flavors can be made into cakes, the top cake choices are vanilla, chocolate, white almond, red velvet, buttery yellow, raspberry champagne, lemon and chocolate cabernet. The top filling choices are vanilla, chocolate, almond or cherry buttercream, as well as raspberry or strawberry preserves, dark chocolate fudge, cream cheese icing and peanut butter mousse.
Basic Guidelines & Fees
- Cupcakes are sold by the dozen for weddings. A minimum of 2 dozen cupcakes must be ordered of each flavor. A maximum of 6 flavors may be selected. Prices start at $29 per dozen with additional fees for specialty decoration. 6-inch top cakes start at $35.
- Prices for tiered wedding cakes are determined by the number of slices the cake will serve. The basic buttercream cake starts at $3 per slice. A fondant-covered cake begins at $3.80 per slice.
- A non-refundable retaining fee of $100 is required to guarantee your chosen date. Remaining balance is due in full 2 weeks prior to the wedding.
- A base charge of $75 will be applied to every order. Charge covers sprinkles coordination, multiple flavor choices, consultations and cake construction materials.
- Many cake stands and trays are available for a rental fee that averages $15-$30. Pick-up of rental material can be provided for an additional $50.
- A $75 delivery charge will be applied to each cake delivery location. Charge includes delivery and basic set-up. Additional charges will apply for delivery outside the immediate metro area at $0.50 per mile.
- Fresh flowers and decorative materials (i.e., ribbons and cake toppers) may be provided by the client. These must be delivered to Carefree Patisserie prior to the wedding date. Carefree Patisserie is not responsible for damage due to the placement of fresh flowers or table decorations.
- Neither cake cutting services nor utensils are included.